Product Design Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
A Product Design Engineer in the Advanced Products team should demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems; self-motivation, desire to learn from new challenges, and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work, and must be able to communicate their ideas and concepts verbally and visually. Finally, Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and prove their adaptability to quickly changing contexts and work environments.
- Designing and building 3D models for testing, proof-of-concept, mock-ups, and functional appearance models.
- Finding and interfacing with 3rd party suppliers and integrate their pieces into the whole system design.
- Supporting advanced R&D initiatives & prototyping efforts with team members of other disciplines.
- Participate in the cross-discipline design process for system design, combining your skills with HW and SW team members to arrive at integrated effective system designs.
- Work well with support resources (technicians) to efficiently realize appropriate design portions.
- Identifying emerging technologies to help define development opportunities.
- Researching advanced materials and manufacturing processes.
- Anticipating and correcting issues that may impact mass-production (DFx).
- Supporting positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives.
- Contributing to schedule & milestone commitments.
- Providing cross-functional program integration support.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related filed.
- 0-3 years of experience, consumer/handheld product development.
- Strong 3D CAD skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods.
- Experience with rapid prototyping processes (3D printing, CNC-machining, laser cutting).
- Experience with mechanism design and prototyping; precision mechanical assembly
- Hands-on experience managing engineering team of 5 or more engineers
- Masters preferred
- Wildfire preferred.
- Mandarin language skills
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top