Principal Technical Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Connectivity is a core feature of our products and CSG team is responsible for developing new and unique wireless connectivity solutions.
As a Principal TPM responsible for driving these projects, you will be interacting with multiple software, hardware, network engineering and operations teams. You will be directly working with a set of highly motivated engineers that thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions.
- BS in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of technical program/project management experience, including collecting requirements, coordinated scoping, scheduling, deployment, cost/benefit analysis and communicating plans and results within a broad organization
- 5+ years in a network technology role
- 5+ years of experience working with and influencing enterprise-scale distributed technology solutions
- Solid understanding of network engineering, large-scale distributed systems, software development or application/service delivery
- Experience with Network and/or Systems Operations
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary local, wide area, and wireless networking technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting complex concepts and information to customers and senior management
- A deep understanding of Network and Service performance and availability
- Tracking and mitigating risks on multiple large scale projects simultaneously
- Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- In-depth knowledge of WiFi networking technology, including emergent standards
- In-depth knowledge of Wide Area Networking technology and experience operating large, international WANs
- Previous experience as a Network or Systems Engineer
- Previous experience working with and managing vendor relationships
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with customers and dependent teams
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top