Principal Systems Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with both internal teams and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, design, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Design world-class hardware, and, if applicable, software/firmware.
- Broad cross-functional engineering influence with an emphasis on delighting customers with innovation in the consumer electronics space
- Complete technical ownership for the programs.
- Lead Architecture/Design reviews.
- Lead all aspects of technology readiness including manufacturability.
- Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.
- Masters degree in Electronic Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years experience as a hardware engineer.
- Consumer products experience- have completed at least two product life cycles.
- Cross-functional experience in Software, Industrial and Product Design, Reliability, and Materials.
- Experience with DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing).
- Experience with Wireless consumer electronic devices.
- Factory experience.
- Experience with Schematic capture with tool sets such as OrCAD.
- Experience with PCB layout oversight using Allegro.
- Experience with Hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering.
- Experience with Technical document writing using Visio, Word, Excel, and / or PowerPoint.
- Experience with Revision and Document control.
- Experience with High level programming language with C.
- Experience with platforms such as Linux/Unix and Windows.
- Software development: Linux drivers, firmware, IDE (ex: Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Analog/Board simulation (ex: SPICE, HyperLynx).
- Experience working as a Technical Lead.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top