Principal Product Manager - Amazon Devices
The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical. As a Principal Product Manager in Amazon's Devices group, you will help define and build products, features, and platforms that deeply integrate hardware, software, and services. You will help create and drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to bring features and products to market, and grow business opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for consumer devices and software.
- MBA and/or advanced degree in a technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management for consumer electronics/software/wireless/Internet technologies
- Proven track record launching successful consumer products - generating annual income >$40MM per year
- Proven track record in managing products through entire life cycle of the product
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience in product management with advanced and/or emerging technologies
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences; proven ability to provide the voice of the customer
- Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top