Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Principal Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer application solutions. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with the internal teams. In this role, you will:
· Design/Architect major application software on emerging platforms, Java, C/C++, Android, and Linux
· Act as a technical expert and lead projects that have a major impact on both the software engineering team as well as the entire Lab126 organization
· Provide technical leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating varied software solutions
· Be responsible for software architecture including determination of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major routines and utilities
· Prepare technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation
· Provide technical mentorship to the engineers in our organization
· Deliver high quality work on tight schedules
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 10+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale projects
· 10+ years of understanding of key aspects of embedded software development
· 10+ years of knowledge of emerging platforms, Java, C/C++, Android, Linux, operating system principles, and programming best practices
· 10+ years of experience in networking, multi-threaded applications, interprocess communication, and complex software development
· 10+ years of understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling
· Master’s degree
· 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software development engineer
· 2+ years of experience mentoring junior engineers to success
· Experience with hardware, cloud-based services, and other developing/integrating innovative technologies
· Exceptional communication skills
· Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills; technical, project and personnel management skills
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top