Principal Display Hardware Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Principal Display Hardware Engineer, you will conceive, lead and design innovative consumer products. You will engage with technology partners to lead long term development with a focus on performance, power, integration and cost. In this position, you will lead requirements and roadmap definition, specification development and execution. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You will participate as part of the senior leadership in hardware, working directly with software, operations, PM and executive management teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Define and develop specifications and roadmaps by understanding the system level Display requirements and resolving them to specifications
- Provide oversight of development and verification of Display design
- Drive analysis to determine performance targets
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in the consumer electronics or display industry as a hardware engineer
- Experience with display development and product integration
- Experience with display test equipment and methods
- 5+ years of experience as an architect
- Experience with FPGA/RTL
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environments
- Experience working with overseas partners
- Ability to travel internationally when required
- Master's or PhD degree in Electronic Engineering or related field · Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Serve as the technical lead for display components through the entire product life cycle, from road mapping through design in to mass-production support
- Manage the technical relationship with display vendors to deliver new display components to the required specification and schedule
- Perform hands-on bring-up, testing, and troubleshooting of displays and associated control electronics
- Function as a subject matter expert on display technology by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management
- Working knowledge of optics
- Experience in working with international, cross-functional teams
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top