OEM Business Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The OEM Business Manager is a critical part of the Kindle development process and is responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to their respective commodity which consists of the materials, supplies and components necessary to develop products for Lab126 customers. In this role, the individual will lead supplier sourcing / selection activities and successfully manage the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support production requirements. The OEM Business Manager has an important role in ensuring that their respective commodity meets the technical and price specifications necessary for Lab126 to develop products which meet the technical and price specifications set forth by its customers. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business objectives
- Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Be responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Be responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development , cost and quality improvements
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements
- Periodically travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
- 7+ years direct experience in supplier / supply chain management
- Supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in a consumer electronics product company
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook / Access
- Master’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English; Mandarin is a plus
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top