Memory Validation Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In this position, you will be ensuring the robust operation of DRAM/NVRAM over all operating stress conditions. You will be responsible for defining and developing validation plans for DRAM/NVRAM for functional, signal and power integrity robustness. You will ensure SoC (controller), DRAM silicon and board level testing meets Lab126 SI/PI and functional requirements. You will work closely with SI team to define validation plan to qualify and characterize memories from multiple vendors. You will work with internal and external SW teams to develop and modify code for different memory implementations.
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of work experience
- Experience in DDR/LPDDR, and HSS200/400 characterization and qualification/validation
- Experience in defining and writing diagnostic code
- Experience with memory operations at interface and protocol level
- Experience in creating stress conditions for various modes of operations.
- Experience with memory controller design
- Experience with hardware and software debugging
- Experience with High Bandwidth scope, TDR and VNA measurement equipment
- Understanding of Signal/Power Integrity and PCB CAD software
- Strong knowledgeable of PCB/Package layout principle
- Understanding of high-speed signal interface standards such as DDR2/3/4, USB2/3, DP, HDMI, SATA, PCIe, etc.
- Work experience with in DRAM industry is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork abilities
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top