Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Materials Manager is responsible for all activities related to order fulfillment, from forecasts to delivery, including day-to-day communication and management of the OEM partner globally. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote Operations team driving order fulfillment. In this role, you will:
· Act as the primary liaison between OEM and team in Cupertino monitoring, managing and driving the OEM to assure goals/schedule is being met
· Communicate forecast and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective
· Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any shortages preventing meeting order schedule, including assisting in sourcing materials as required
· Schedule and host meetings with suppliers in US and/or globally as required reducing and eliminating shortages
· Be responsible for report generation and distribution
· May represent the materials organization in internal Lab126 program meetings
· Some travel may be required
- 7+ years of planning experience in a consumer market Segment Company
- 2+ years of management of an OEM partner
- Experience sourcing electronic components including hard to find/obsolete parts
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level education preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top