Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Amazon Web Services’ Hardware Engineering team is looking for experienced professionals to help build the world’s premier cloud computing platform. We are looking for Manufacturing Quality Engineers who are capable of operating in a fast paced, ever changing, multi-platform international manufacturing and production environment. Our Manufacturing Quality Engineers work closely with our ODMs, CMs, internal AWS hardware and software development teams, and with upstream component vendors to monitor and improve the incoming hardware quality of AWS products. They are also responsible for monitoring, reporting and investigating any early-life product failures. This role requires the engineer to be a technical contact and take on full ownership of manufacturing process issues and be a driving force in understanding root cause of hardware failures and gaps in our suppliers manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or similar related field
- 4+ years of Manufacturing Engineering work experience with server platforms or on high-tech hardware
- 4+ working with manufacturing suppliers to improve incoming quality of systems
- Demonstrated ability to uncover systemic issues from large datasets
- Working understanding of server subcomponents (HDD, SSD, memory, mother board, power, thermal, peripherals, etc.)
- Strong analytical, test plan, and test procedure development experience related to server compute platforms or with high-tech hardware
- Demonstrated ability to drive failure analysis activities to root cause swiftly and accurately
- Ability to influence development teams, procurement and external partners
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PhD in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Deep, up-to-date, technical understanding of HDD, SSD, and memory technologies.
- Proven track record of high-scale performance on teams of multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top