Manager, Wireless System Engineering
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Wireless Systems Engineering Manager will manage the Wireless Systems engineering team. You will manage the recruitment, selection and retention of the team as we continue to grow our business. You will be responsible for the Wireless System development and will be hands on with the team throughout the development process from concept through design, test, and into mass-production support. You are ultimately accountable for Wireless performance and quality. In this role you will:
- Recruit, manage and maintain a world class Wireless design team
- Attend and run cross functional engineering meetings
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Lead design reviews
- Work with the operations team for factory test and NPI build support
- Build design processes to continuously improve performance and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of experience managing and leading engineering teams
- Experience in Wireless Systems design, architecture, integration and test.
- Experience as a technical/engineering lead on a number of projects that have a Wireless engineering background
- Proven track record of delivering high volume consumer electronic devices, with experience with global based CMs supporting engineering builds
- Experience with current and upcoming RF Standards in WIFI, Bluetooth and GPS
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Communication Theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering
- Master's degree
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top