Manager, Engineering Program Managers
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As Manager of the Engineering Program Management team you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. The EPM Manager will manage the activities of the Device Engineering Program Management team including recruitment, selection, development and retention of the team as we continue to grow our business. You will be responsible for execution of device programs, supporting the Engineering Program Managers to lead the engineering and operations teams through the device execution phase process for device programs, ensuring that phase entry and exit criteria are established and met. You will support the creation and maintenance of project plans, including the schedule and risk management plan. You will work with the Product Management team to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. Your team will drive and motivate the cross-functional teams to develop devices per the agreed-to requirements; directly manage the core hardware (Electrical Engineering) team and cross functionally manage the PM, SW, PD, ID, Operations and other teams. You will be responsible for the coordination and planning of all engineering at the factory and drive the configuration management deliverables to ensure the timely release of all device components. In this role you will:
- Lead cross functional project meetings
- Lead milestone reviews
- Present project status to the exec team
- Lead Engineering builds globally
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline including Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science
- 7+ years of experience managing large teams
- Master's Degree
- Experience dealing with high volume manufacturing sites and ODM partners
- Background in consumer electronics
- Hands-on experience at manufacturing sites
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to synthesize and present data to upper management – providing trade-offs and recommendations
- Experience with cross-functionally managing a diverse group of engineering, operations and product management professionals; proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules, managing issues and tracking bugs
- Solid understanding of both software and hardware development life-cycles
- This position will require international travel
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top