Launch Technical Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in jumping into the driver’s seat of our sensational device products?
We have a unique position for an experienced, highly technical, and visionary technical program manager in the Amazon team. Our challenge is to give customers a compelling, secure, and robust experience with a steady flow of fantastic new features throughout the lifetime of their device, and to do all this without the user experience ever skipping a beat. We’re looking for the person to help us continually rethink how to do these things in a highly data-centric fashion.
In this role, you’ll work across many groups and get broad exposure to the entire business. From product marketing to customer service, from hardware engineering to sales, and the myriad teams throughout Amazon that are writing code for user experiences on the devices. We sit at the center of the product and have incredible breadth of impact and opportunity. At the same time, in the midst of this big organization you will get the opportunity to have true ownership and effect real change to the product and the business.
This job will test your skills across the board. Massive cross-group coordination? Check. Ability to deeply understand platform level technologies? Check. Hard-core data analysis and reporting? Check. Not to mention: influence technical architecture/design decisions, advocate for awesome user experiences, put in place useful processes, rip out useless processes, get in the code when necessary, and always be inventing a better way to do things.
And while the challenges are big and the pace fast, we have fun while we’re at it. It’s a high-energy, good-natured, and supportive environment. If you think you have what it takes to help change the world, then apply to join our team.
· 7+ years of experience in software technical program management or equivalent that is related to consumer electronic device product development
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
· Experience as technical program management lead in end-to-end development and shipping of consumer electronic products
· Experience with web services and mobile development
· Experience with data analysis using SQL or Excel or other tools such as MySQL, MongoDB, or Hive
· Preferred great communication skills both written and oral
· Able to travel 10% time domestically and internationally
· Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering or MBA
· Experience with Big Data systems and data analysis tools
· Experience managing large scale hardware/software product releases
· Experience with leading engineering and/or program management teams
· Experience defining KPI’s/SLA’s used to drive multi-million dollar businesses
· Experience with planning, executing, and analyzing product beta
· Hands-on experience with coordinating marketing assets and customer service for the launch of a new product
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top