Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Lab Technician for PAC (Prototype, Automation and Calibration) team you will:
- Maintain, calibrate, & operate laboratory equipment
- Order, and maintain lab supplies, chemicals, & safety equipment
- Develop analytical methodologies, & provide training and/or assistance for external users
- Document & update lab & equipment procedures
- Conduct analyses and experiments, interpret results, & communicate findings
- Construct robotic platforms that test and measure Amazon’s devices under development
- Participate in the Team’s Automation and Robotic design efforts by working with the team’s engineers and customers
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent, Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- 3+ years of experience with laboratory equipment and electro mechanical construction and design
- 3+ years of experience with system programming and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in a related field from a 4-year program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with prior work experience in a fast pace, flexible work environment
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Good mechanical aptitude, which includes electro mechanical assembly, equipment schematics and wiring, pneumatic design and system construction
- Proficient in data analysis, DOE, statistical methods
- Expertise in the portable electronic device space is a plus
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top