Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In this role, you will be responsible for setting up the lab, lab equipment, and tools. You will procure parts for EE team and assist with board modification such as fine pitch soldering and BGA rework. You will have strong troubleshooting skills down to component levels as well as possess the ability to execute complex, detailed test procedures with minimal input from engineering and minimal supervision.
- 3+ years of experience in a Consumer Electronics lab environment
- Educational background in AS Electronics Engineering Technician or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience of PCB soldering, SMT, BGA components, and wire harness assembly skills
- 3+ years of experience with proper laboratory, safety, and housekeeping practices
- Experience operating characterization equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, temp chambers, IR Gun, power supplies, electronic loads, DMM, RF equipment
- Experience managing multiple demanding deadlines, as well as be able to work across multiple teams
- Experience performing complicated solder / de-solder / miscellaneous rework to get ICs / circuit boards / products to work for test / characterization / DOE purposes
- Experience profiling BGA machine equipment
- Experience planning and maintaining lab facilities for optimal efficiency and creating new processes when necessary
- Experience with lab safety, security and quality practices
- Experience organizing, procuring and maintaining adequate stock of critical components for rapid prototyping
- Experience organizing and maintaining calibrated stock of critical test equipment for troubleshooting and debug
- Experience with assisting in the bring-up of prototypes, FA and characterizations of proto boards
- Experience interpreting schematics and managing sourcing of quick-turn proto boards development, including vendor management, kitting, delivery and testing
- Experience mentoring and assisting Hardware Engineers and interns
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top