Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In this role, you will be responsible for setting up the lab equipment, tools, and prototype line. You will be tasked to prepare assembly area for specific prototype device build, help procure parts for the project, assemble the components into finished good, and keep track of WIP and finished good counts. You will be taking instruction from engineers to assemble prototype devices, provide feedback on assembly process to improve SOP (statement of work), and collect metrology measurement of components and finished good for engineers. You will need to have strong troubleshooting skills down to component levels as well as possess the ability to execute complex, detailed test and mechanical measurement procedures with minimal input from engineering and minimal supervision.
- 1+ years of experience in a Consumer Electronics lab environment
- 1+ years of experience in mechanical assembly and test of Consumer Electronics
- 1+ years of experience with proper laboratory, safety, and housekeeping practices
- Experience in reading and understanding component and assembly drawings
- Experience managing multiple demanding deadlines, as well be able to work across multiple teams
- Experience planning and maintaining lab facilities for optimal efficiency and creating new processes when necessary
- Experience with lab safety, security and quality practices
- Educational background of AS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience operating RF tester, audio tester, camera tester, and functional tester
- Experience operating Zygo interferometer, Dage pull/push tester, and any other high accuracy lab metrology equipment
- Experience organizing, procuring and maintaining adequate stock of critical components for rapid prototyping
- Experience organizing and maintaining calibrated stock of critical test equipment for troubleshooting and debug
- Experience interpreting EE schematics
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top