The Alexa Information Team leads the development of knowledge verticals, playing a key role in the development of Alexa, Amazon’s cloud-based voice service that delights customers on products such as Echo and Fire TV. The Alexa Info Team combines natural language understanding, large volumes of structured knowledge, and machine reasoning to answer our customers’ questions in the most natural way possible.
We are looking for a Knowledge Engineer (KE) with deep passion, knowledge and understanding in the filed of Education. If you interested in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc..and want to be part of the platform that provides new means of imparting education, this is the place for you!
The Knowledge Engineer will be responsible for:
- Identifying and filling knowledge gaps for Education-related questions on Alexa
- Expanding and maintaining Alexa’s ability to understand and answer Education-related questions
- Developing content for Alexa based on real-time updates in the world of Sports
- Partnering with developers, product managers, machine learning scientists, and business leaders to identify opportunities to enhance the Alexa platform
In addition, the KE will carry out daily tasks as outlined below:
1) Data collection: The KE will manage knowledge repositories which contain education related data, identifying the best sources of information for maths, science, sociology etc. and feeding it into the repository.
2) Data verification: The KE will verify the accuracy and suitability of our Education information.
3) Data correction: The KE will audit our information to identify incorrect, badly worded or otherwise unsuitable piece of information, and edit the data to make it suitable.
The KEs must have the following:
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent
· Basic knowledge about all topics in education , i.e. Maths, Science, Social Studies
· Some experience in computer programming, including familiarity with object-oriented concepts and IDE
Able to write and execute SQL or Python scripts.
- Basic Understanding of data schema and organization
- Understanding of German , Japanese or other foreign languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong logical and conceptual thought processes
- Excellent attention to detail
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top