Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As part of the Product Data Intelligence team, the Java Developer will be building state of the art tools, web based application, reports to support field data analysis/reporting. Candidate must be proficient in Web based technologies and demonstrate solid hands on experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented design and coding skills in Java on a UNIX or Linux platform
- 3+ years software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases, MYSQL
- Experience with Shell scripts or other scripting languages, JQuery, MVC, LAMP
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS technologies, building web services and highly scalable applications
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Experience with BI tool like High Charts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top