Industrial Design Intern
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices including Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Industrial Design team is seeking a talented and passionate Industrial Design Intern to work on our next-generation of devices and accessories. In this role, the designer will have exposure to all aspects of the physical experience; from concepts and prototypes all the way to production.
The designer will work collaboratively within a team of other designers, researchers and engineers, delivering storyboards, concept designs, renderings, artwork, 3D CAD and appearance models.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the judgment to translate customer-centric design requirements into concepts that are simple, thoughtful, intuitive and visually-refined despite underlying complexity or constraints. This designer will also possess an exceptional eye for detail, form and proportion, balanced with technical rigor and empathy for our customers. Additionally, this designer must be articulate and possess the communication skills to convey proposals and specifications to the team.
This position will require travel between our San Francisco and Sunnyvale campuses.
- Enrolled in a BS/BFA in Industrial Design or Product Design
- Proficiency in 3D software (Rhino, Creo, Keyshot), 2D software (Photoshop and Illustrator), and excellent sketching skills.
- Fluent in English.
- PDF portfolio under 5Mb.
• Ability to manage time and balance different projects of varying scale.
• Demonstrates the ability to turn complex problems into simple, elegant, technically-feasible solutions.
• Understanding of different manufacturing processes and materials.
• Ability to work in a team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top