Hardware Reliability Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Hardware Reliability Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will be responsible for the test validation of our devices. You should have a good understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability tests and/or solid understanding of consumer electronics to influence design for reliability to:
- Identify and validate product risks and work with design teams to mitigate them
- Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability
- Provide hands-on experimental design and execution
- Perform reliability prediction of failure mechanisms on products under development and products in the field
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related fields
- 7+ years of experience in reliability engineering or consumer electronics
- Master’s degree
- Experience with electrical stress testing, ESD testing, environmental stress testing, fatigue testing, vibration and shock testing
- Experience with IC reliability, board reliability, IC package types, board design and layout.
- Experience with failure analysis techniques: Electrical debug, Cross sectioning, dye and pry and microscopy.
- Strong communication skills in writing and presenting
This position will require some international travel.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top