Hardware Engineering - Fleet Quality Engineer
The AWS Hardware Engineering team creates server designs for Amazon's innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our Hardware Engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. You will work with engineers across the company as well as external companies and lead triage and investigation efforts pertaining to hardware issues that arise. You will use your broad experience of gathering appropriate data points to determine if issues are systemic or unique occurrences. This role will require generating data analysis from various sources and providing guidance to remediation efforts. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology, come help us make history!
What you will do: You will be the focal point resource on the team that will be responsible for managing the communication of trends and concerns to customers and working with the data team to improve and create predictive views into issues before the exposure becomes critical.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customizations that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it: You will work with engineers across the company to build next-generation devices and means to measure and monitor the health of our customers. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
- BS degree or higher in EE, CE or CS
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of support experience with hands-on work in troubleshooting and leading root cause investigations. This should include but not limited to reading event logs, debug logs, etc.
- Experience with modern storage technology devices, rotational and solid state, as well as a variety of interface standards (FC, SATA, SAS, NVMe)
- Experience with modern computing platforms specifically with management and monitoring solutions both in-band and out-of-band.
- Experience with Quality metrics and methods and using data to drive change.
- Experience with storage platform design and architecture
- Experience with server platform design and architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top