Hardware Development Engineer Intern
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of a project team you will work alongside Senior Electrical Engineers; supporting the design, debug, validation and optimization of the products. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds gaining experience with high volume manufacturing.
- Perform schematic design.
- Validate hardware and debug issues.
- Develop automated test tools (labview, HPVEE).
- Travel to support engineering builds.
- Working towards Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 0-1 + years of experience plus practical lab experience.
- Embedded systems projects.
- Analog and digital skills with embedded systems experience.
- Schematic design and debug skills.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top