Hardware Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Hardware Development Engineer, you will be responsible for consumer product design for our Advanced Products and Technologies. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced start-up like environment. In your role you will be involved in all aspects of EE hardware design including system definition, board circuit design and validation. To be successful you need to be highly motivated and detailed oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
- MSEE with at least 3+ years of experience or BSEE with at least 4 years of experience in consumer product design
- At least 2 years of experience of leading and working with ODM/OEMs for all stages of product development
- Experience with system level design including circuit design, system bring-up, and integration and debug
- Experience with multiple technologies including power, digital, analog, and wireless design Understanding of all components used in mobile devices such as SOCs, power ICs, memories, RF components, displays, sensors, and batteries
- Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout and assembly
- Experience in lab debug for hardware/software issues
- Experience partnering with Software team to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to be a key member of various cross-functional teams
- Understanding of high speed design and noise suppression techniques
- Hands on experience with signal integrity tools
- Experience in designing products for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE), GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth wireless systems
- Strong communication and documentation skills including skills to manage without authority
- Understanding of manufacturing process including DFM and DFT for consumer products
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top