Hardware Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As part of a project team you will work alongside Senior Sensor and Electrical Engineers; driving supporting the selection, design, debug, validation and optimization of sensors in products. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds gaining experience with high volume manufacturing.
- Sensor selection, validation and integration.
- Review layout and schematic design.
- Validate hardware and debug issues.
- Develop automated test tools (labview, HPVEE).
- Travel to support engineering builds.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 0-1 + years of experience plus practical lab experience.
- Embedded systems projects.
- Analog and digital skills with embedded systems experience.
- Schematic design and debug skills.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top