Hardware Design Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Hardware Design Engineer is a lead engineer on a project execution team. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
You will be responsible for the schematic and PCB design based on the reference platform. In addition, you will also act as system integrator, leading the cross-functional engineering team through the development process. You will be responsible for the overall Hardware performance including audio, RF, power, display, etc; as well as leading the team through all the usual integration challenges – ESD, EMC, antenna performance, etc. In this role, you will:
- Perform schematic design and work with the CAD team on PCB layout
- Manage the eBOM within the PLM system
- Drive the team through the concept / design / optimize & validate phases of a project
- Work with Software teams on device bring-up and development
- Work with the product design team on mechanical integration
- Work with the operations team on manufacturing test development and Contract Manufacturers
- Travel to support engineering builds
- Be accountable for delivering on schedule and meeting the performance, features and quality requirements for the project
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of hardware design experience as a Hardware Engineer on portable consumer electronic devices, with proficiency with digital embedded systems and analog design
- 3+ years of experience performing bring-up, debug, validation and optimization of systems
- Master's degree
- Advanced Cadence Design Tool experience
- Proficiency with Design for Cost and Design for Manufacture
- Strong analytical skills including basic statistical analysis
- Adept with MS office including Excel
- Familiar with compliance standards such as FCC, EMC, ESD, 3GPP, CDG
- Experience with audio, wireless, battery, and power management
- Team leadership experience
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top