Full-Stack Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you passionate about developing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems? Do you enjoy working closely with customers and delighting them with amazing user experiences?
As a Software Development Engineer in the Product Data Intelligence team, you will help drive one of our most important software development initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or 4+ additional years work experience)
- 3+ years relevant professional development experience, preferably in a LINUX environment
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases such as MYSQL.
- Skills in data structures, algorithms and object oriented design
- History of delivering production systems/services
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience developing complex single page applications
- Passionate about UX and UI performance
- Experience implementing intuitive user interfaces for complex tasks
- Familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of and expertise in software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
- Strong problem solving skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top