Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In this role, you will:
- Create world class embedded software/firmware for end-user device applications as well as diagnostics software to test device hardware.
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Design software for extensibility and testability
- Perform software test, QA and issue triage
- Participate in design reviews
- Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability
- Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field is also acceptable (i.e. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or another Engineering discipline etc.) if candidate possesses relevant firmware experience.
- Experience with good software architecture/design principles
- Experience with software debug skills
- Experience with embedded, real-time software and low level firmware development principles
- Experience with RTOS or Linux kernel programming
- Experience with system-level integration, design for testability and manufacturability
- Experience reading and understanding hardware schematics
- Experience with hardware lab equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, multimeters, JTAG debuggers and logic analyzers
- Experience with technical document writing using Visio, Word, Excel, and / or PowerPoint
- Experience with revision and document control
- Programming experience with C/ C++/Assembly
- Scripting experience with Python/Perl/Bash/Tcl
- Experience with platforms such as Linux/Unix and Windows
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience developing device drivers, firmware API's and hardware abstraction layers
- Experience developing wireless electronic devices for mass consumer
- Experience with BSP/kernel software design
- Knowledge of Factory Test Environment
- Software development experience in Embedded Linux, RTOS's, device drivers, digital signal processors, embedded firmware, GCC, IDE (ex: Keil, IAR, Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- SCM experience in Git
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top