Failure Analysis Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Failure Analysis Engineer you will be responsible for determining rapid root cause analysis for issues that we see in test and in the field. You will be an expert in an array of failure analysis techniques. You will be familiar with a variety of materials like plastics, glass and metals. You will advise on strategies to mitigate issues and make a direct impact to cutting edge designs. You will also conduct materials characterization and analysis to aid designs.
- 3+ years of experience with failure analysis techniques in consumer electronics. Examples include SEM EDS, FTIR, Raman spectroscopy, DSC/TGA, 3D surface profiling, Xray/CT, XRF, cross-sectioning, dye and pry, digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and TDRs
- Bachelor’s degree in Science and engineering or 7+ years in failure analysis engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in writing final Failure Analysis reports and presentations
- This position can have up to 10% international travel
- Postgraduate degree in Material science or Physical Science
- Experience with fatigue, vibration and shock, electrical stress, and environmental stress testing
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top