Engineering Program Specialist
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an Engineering Program Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting new programs and product builds. You will:
- Aquire and track materials
- Support hardware development builds
- Lead weekly build readiness meeting with Contract Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials Procurement teams
- Track prototype device allocation
- Create and structure Bill of Materials (BOM) and communicate new part numbers to internal teams, and with the Contract Manufacturer
- Write Engineering Change Orders (ECO) in Agile and manage changes to the BOMs
- International travel required
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- 3+ years of exposure in Consumer Electronics
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools; Agile
- Exposure to system/device builds and planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple programs efficiently
Amazon- Lab126 is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top