Engineering Program Manager - Sustaining
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Hardware Sustaining Engineering Program Manager (EPM) will lead internal and external engineering teams through the product execution phase process. The position will work with the Product Managers to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The EPM is expected to drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements and cross functionally manage other internal team members. Responsibilities include, coordination and planning of all engineering builds at the supplier and drive the configuration management deliverables to ensure the timely release of all assemblies to production. The individual must demonstrate technical leadership to:
- Drive execution of projects
- Lead cross functional retail project meetings
- Lead milestone reviews
- Present project status to the executive team
- Manage Retail project builds globally
Some International travel expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Project Manager or Program Manager
- 3+ years of experience with product development life-cycles
- Experience with high volume contract manufacturing
- Mobile device manufacturing experience
- Exposure to system/device development, build and planning
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple programs efficiently
- Excellent leadership skills
- Hands on experience with development using outside supplier teams
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top