Electromechanical Simulation Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Signal Integrity team solves complex electrical and electromechanical design problems as part of multi-disciplinary teams, which include Hardware Engineering, Product Design and Reliability. As an Electromechanical Simulation Engineer, you will contribute to bring new product designs to market, driving key aspects of hardware engineering of consumer electronics products. In this role, you will:
- Perform analyses of complex electromechanical systems to evaluate performance characteristics using design and simulation software such as Creo and ANSYS
- Develop innovative solutions to difficult electromagnetic and thermal problems from concept definition to system validation
- Find optimized design parameters and configurations using advanced analytical and experimental techniques such as Sensitivity Analysis and Response Surface Optimization
- Develop a strong knowledge of material properties used in the simulation models and contribute to build the company’s material library
- Design and execute tests to validate analytical models, identify areas of concern and assess design margins
- Write technical reports to present analytical and experimental results
- Develop design guidelines and best practices based on findings and apply to future projects
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of experience using structural or thermal simulation software for the analysis of electronic designs.
- 4+ years of experience related to design and assembly modeling experience using Creo or similar CAD software.
- Experience with Agile PLM software
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience using ANSYS HFSS simulation software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and proposals
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top