EE Hardware Integrity Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
This technical role invests in developing a robust framework for addressing electrical engineering challenges that are identified as part of Product Integrity testing of hardware devices. This role involves working closely with our cross-functional partners from Hardware & Software Engineering, Sustaining, and Operations. The deliverables of the role span the spectrum of the product design cycle; you will be responsible for developing the hardware architecture/design risk picture (via FMEA methodologies) in the early stages of a product, the methodologies for system validation as the design matures, and performance health maps of devices in field. You will also develop strategies to mitigate risks working in concert with our partners. In this role, you will:
· assess and develop electrical reliability requirements of consumer electronic products, including developing in-depth reviews of industry standards
· have intimate knowledge of board design and schematics; ability to source required documentation for components including being able to understand, consolidate, recommend electrical design concerns/solutions
· have a passion for hands-on testing with electrical equipment and develop test plans and methodologies for implementation across product families; demonstrate an ability to use simple analytical models and develop hypothesis for failures and solutions
· be able to create, troubleshoot and modify software (e.g. Python, C) associated with diagnostics and data acquisition
· effectively collaborate as part of device team to iterate and optimize design parameters to deliver product reliability performance objectives
· create and communicate effectively your analytical and experimental results and associated recommendations to engineering and leadership teams
· develop and preach design guidelines based on learnings and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- 3+ years of documented experience with board design, trouble shooting electronic circuits, developing failure hypothesis and troubleshooting techniques
- 3+ years of documented experience with use of electrical lab equipment like power sources, oscilloscopes, digital signal analyzers, spectrum analyzer, and board-probe stations
- Master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical design of consumer electronics products
- This position may require international travel.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top