Data Engineer, Amazon Devices
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. Our team is serious about great scalable design and redefining best practices with a cloud-based approach to scalability and automation. What will you help us create?
Amazon's Devices Technology team is looking for a talented Data Engineer with a strong background in ETL, Data warehousing and interest in linking data to key business trends. You will work closely with the business and technical teams to analyze many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the Amazon Devices Sales & Operations Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or technical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- 3+ years in with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
- 5+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data experience with impact to a business, a track record of problem solving using software systems, and the desire to create and maintain data warehouse systems.
- Data management & data quality control experience
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
- Knowledge of OBIEE and Tableau
- Experience with AWS
- Wide data warehousing experience.
- Proficient in the composition of Advanced SQL (analytical functions)
- Proven track record of identifying metric variances and delivering solutions to address the changes
- Ability to effectively communication with both business and technical teams
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top