Data Collection Support Engineer
Data Collection Support Engineer:
Amazon is seeking an experienced and highly motivated data collection support engineer to join our effort to raise the bar on large-scale data collections at Amazon. This position is a primary member of a data collection team that works closely and efficiently with internal and cross functional teams. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, good with people and as comfortable in the lab as in the field.
Amazon is a fast-paced and exciting environment. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. In this role you will get to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances and show your exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
• Be responsible for enabling data collection projects including setup and verification of all system components working with HW, SW and Research teams.
• Manage a team of Data Technicians to efficiently provide support to Program Managers, Researchers for all data collection projects.
• Apply knowledge of audio, wireless and networking technologies, mobile devices and quality assurance practices to ensure that connected devices meet all target requirements and produce a superior customer experience.
• Be the primary point of contact with tools team to identify bugs, improvements, test deployments, coordinate roadmap planning with Program Managers
• Ensure support to Researchers by trouble-shooting during live sessions, ensuring data integrity and upload, and documenting best practices.
• Examine processes and available tool sets to ensure the most accurate results in the lab and in the field.
• Ability to work effectively across a range of customers and team members to deliver on-time.
• Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to drive the highest quality through all phases of data collection.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in audio, computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunications or a similar field.
• Knowledge of the mobile networks, audio signal quality measures, and core data analysis skills
• End-to-end, hands-on experience with all aspects of data collections
• Experience troubleshooting network systems
• Experience managing people either directly or through influence
• Experience with scripting using BASH/perl/python
• Experience with Apache Spark
• Experience with speech and language data collection and processing
• Excellent ability and methodology to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
• Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting, perl, python or Java
• A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company, is essential.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary and to deliver high-quality work on schedule
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top