Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Commodity Manager, you will:
· Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
· Be responsible for AVL for commodity managing supplier selection, qualification and price negotiation
· Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up including database management in Agile or other ERP systems
· Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
· Work closely with Lead Commodity Manager to collaborate with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet expectations, technical capabilities, and business objectives
· Interface with Planning and Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
· Help drive quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
· Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
· Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
· Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
· 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
· 7+ years of direct experience in supplier/supply chain management
· Global supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in a fast pace consumer electronics product company
· Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies
· Knowledge of basic supply agreement construction; understanding of key contracting
· Experience with Microsoft Excel
• Master’s degree
• Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
• Exceptional ability to solve problems and coordinate with global team members
• Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
• Knowledge of Agile highly desirable
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top