Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills to join the Kindle pre-owned Business team, the team responsible for the Resale and Repurposing of the bestselling Amazon Echo, Amazon Tap, Kindle e-reader, Fire tablet and Fire TV product lines. He or she will build metrics, models, and reports to support the Kindle Pre-Owned business and will work directly with product management, finance, marketing and operations to ensure that we maximize the value of returned Kindle and Fire products. He or she will be responsible for measuring and understanding the financial life time value (LTV) impact of Pre-owned products. The candidate should be smart, highly-motivated and results oriented that can drive innovation and develop the business tools and measurement processes required to scale this business in North America and in the growing international markets. Speed in decision making and better analytics are required to maximize the profit.
As a Business Data Analyst, you are responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics, working with cross-functional teams to design, build, deploy the reporting systems, and utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities. You are also expected to work on project planning and execution with high level of quality. You should follow the quality framework and create error free, highly reliable processes.
In this role, you are expected to work closely with your peers, operations managers / senior managers/ senior leaders to understand their requirement and translate them into actionable metrics. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and to each other.
The role’s primary responsibility will be in creating and continuously improving the core reports and metrics that support Amazon’s Pre-Owned Business team.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, finance, and develop competitive pricing algorithms.
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help maximize the profit for the Kindle Pre-Owned business.
- Use Amazon’s data resources to analyze and solve business problems, then step back to understand the broader context.
- Closely monitor business performance to identify risks, new opportunities and trends
- Develop customer segmentation, trend and correlation analyses across multiple programs and product lines.
- Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present high-level analytics to key-stakeholders and executives.
- Create and dynamically update forecasts and design effective visualizations to convey actual performance and any deltas from forecast
- Drive collaboration around actual performance and forecasts to directly impact business decisions and actions.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining to see beyond the numbers and understand the difference in the life time value (LTV) of devices sold as pre-owned compared to (LTV) for new device sales.
- Apply strong analytical skills, research mindset, with the ability to summarize findings and present solutions
- Use excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to probe, drill and analyze elusive problems with minimal supervision
- Apply SQL skills including ability to formulate complex queries to answer questions
- Frame problems, structure analysis, and deliver coherent conclusions and insights.
- Apply good hypothesis testing and basic statistics knowledge
- Microsoft Office/PC skills, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years in a quantitative or analytical role
- Clear, effective and persuasive Communication skills
- Report Building and/or Visualization experience (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
- Previous experience in budget, forecast, and financial analysis
- MBA preferred
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top