Build and Release Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Build and Release Engineer, you will provide support for developing build scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of the development and its build process.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented Build Engineer who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent experience, or related field required
- 3+ years experience or background in Build and Release Engineering
- 3+ years of programming experience with Perl and shell scripting
- 2+ years of experience with make, ANT and Eclipse development platform
- 3+ years of experience working in LAMP development environment
- 3+ years of experience setting up and/or maintaining automated build system
- 3+ years of understanding the integration between automated software test and the build process
- 2+ years of experience with product development (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), service-oriented architecture
- Working knowledge of Windows and MacOS and their development tools
- Proven experience to thrive in a complex software systems involving multi-platform development environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with consumer hardware development process and lifecycle
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top