BOM Configuration Management Specialist
As a BOM Configuration Management Specialist you will help refine processes and grow the capabilities of current systems, driving continuous improvement to meet our needs as a developer of a world class cloud computing service provider. You will be responsible for seamless, rapid and global implementation of components, BOMs, documents, and other product data supporting the business strategies and supply chain requirements. This position will also serve to promote best practices and internal business processes with relation to change management and general PLM functions. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive process improvement, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
The Configuration Management Specialist's primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work with Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing Quality, Program Management, and other supporting functions in order to accurately structure new products and document product changes as part of the product development, continuous improvement, and sustaining engineering processes.
· Act as an advocate of Product Lifecycle Management best practices, methods, and processes
· Interface with all key internal customers and external customers in order to accurately process changes and structure new products
· Provide clear input to the project team on schedule, issues, and deliverables related to product data management
· Drive timely part setup, BOM releases, BOM changes to support new product introduction (NPI) as well as sustaining business
· Participate in continuous process improvements focused on systems, reporting, and data analysis efficiencies
· 3+ years’ experience in creating and managing BOM’s in high tech or engineering environments
· Demonstrated understanding of BOM hierarchy, including hardware and software components
· Demonstrated understanding of product release cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in product lifecycle management applications such as Agile, or comparable PLM tools
Team player with strong English written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with diverse internal and external customer groups
· BA or BS degree in a technical or business related degree
· Proven experience with Oracle Agile PLM tool
· Direct experience in process documentation/improvement
· Proven ability to work with and influence peers and management and facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
· Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
Ability to work in an ambiguous, 'internet-speed' environment
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top