Applied Scientist III
Machine learning has been strategic to Amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations. We have the richest, most diverse data of any Internet company. We also have a very broad collection of practical problems where Learning systems can dramatically improve the customer experience, reduce cost, and drive speed and automation. We believe in the long-term impact of Machine Learning to all our businesses.
The ML team within AWS provides opportunities to innovate in a start-up mode and lets you contribute to game-changing projects and technologies that get deployed on device or cloud. As a scientist in the AWS-ML team, you'll partner with technology and business teams to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. You will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience. Research science at Amazon is a highly experimental activity. Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, our scientists also work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
We’re looking for top scientists capable of using ML and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems. We have multiple positions available for applied scientists in Seattle, Palo Alto and Sunnyvale for machine learning experts at all career stages, from graduating doctoral students to internationally renowned researchers and practitioners.
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 8+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· Strong algorithm development experience
· Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
·8+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
· The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience with statistical modelling / machine learning
· Strong attention to detail
· Exceptional level of organization
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems
· Fluency in a foreign language
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top