Antenna Test Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Antenna Test Engineer you will be responsible for the characterization and test of radiated performance of our wireless products. You will be responsible for testing the on board wireless antenna system including OTA performance (TRP/TIS), Compliance radiated test items such as SAR in the lab, factory and user environment.
- Hands on experience with OTA chamber, calibration, correlation and lab setup in an R&D environment.
- Own the antenna test plan for each product in consultation with the Antenna Design and RF engineers.
- Develop training material and chamber debug procedures.
- Perform full RF/antenna validation and optimization for all products in development.
- Help debug antenna/RF issues in the lab and/or in the factory.
- Complete compliance pre-screening and support compliance team throughout all regulatory testing.
- Support the operations team for RF/antenna manufacturing test.
- Support the sustaining team for all RF/antenna sustaining and field issues.
- Hands-on experience of mocking-up devices, performing S-parameter measurements, tuning antennas, antenna pattern measurements, and data post-processing.
- The job requires travel, approx. 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in Antenna design/validation related to Wi-Fi and GSM/UMTS cellular products.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of antenna fundamental, antenna design experience and EM simulation expertise is a significant plus.
- Excellent team player, self-motivated and ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to deliver on-time and work well with cross-functional teams
- DFM and high volume manufacturing support experience.
- Near field measurement experience such as SAR setups and measurements.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top