Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer – Android, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with the hardware, operations, user space, and quality assurance teams. The team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of high-performance, robust software frameworks that enable applications on the device.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major routines and utilities
- · Maintain and improve existing software
- · Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- · Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure that designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- · 5+ years of software development engineering experience, with 2+ years developing embedded applications
- · 3+ years of C/C++ & Java development
- · Design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
- · Experience with multithreaded applications or software components
- · Engineering process expertise, with the capacity to understand and apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- · Embedded development in C/C++ or Java
- · Thorough understanding of the Linux operating system
- · Embedded Linux development experience
- · Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- · Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
- · Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including customer relationships, verbal, written, and listening skills
- · Can work in a dynamic environment
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top