The Amazon Web Services WW Solutions Architecture (WWSA) organization is looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to help us build our data lake and associated analytics, providing insights into our business, supporting better decision making, and enabling continuous improvement as we serve our customers and develop our employees.
The role skillfully delivers crucial data sets in a reliable and sustainable way, and develops analytic insights that are foundational for our strategy. The insights are used to lead decision making regarding resource allocation, program effectiveness, productivity analysis, employee development, customer satisfaction, and business impact. Consumers of these insights will include individual Solutions Architects, SA and Sales management, and AWS senior and executive leadership.
The successful candidate is analytical and possesses a strong passion for developing data streams and insights which can help us better serve customers. You should be able to elicit requirements and desired business outcomes to ensure that clear business needs are the starting point for our engineering and data work. The successful candidate should also have a technical proficiency in ETL, SQL, Tableau/QuickSight or other data visualization tools to be self-sufficient in data retrieval, transformation, cleansing, analysis, and visualization. You should be driven by a deep curiosity of data, willing to dive deep to understand and be passionate in socializing business impacts driven by data.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in a business intelligence, engineering, or business/data/statistical analyst role
• Experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, and PowerBI
• Advanced SQL skills and experience in joining/cleansing datasets from multiple sources to build data pipelines
• Advanced skills in scripting languages such as Python or R
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• MBA, Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Experience designing and enforcing data security models and protections
• Experience with data modeling, data architecture, service endpoint design
• Familiarity with Salesforce data reporting
• Experience using the AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis, Athena, Glue) or equivalent technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.