WWPS Sr. Sales Trainer
- Arlington, VA
World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Enablement is looking for an experienced Sr. Field Readiness Project Manager/Trainer who wants to "Work hard. Have fun. Make history."
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual to collaborate with our sales, geo, and vertical sales teams to iterate, build, and facilitate enablement content focused on the Public Sector and Regulated Industry markets.
You will combine a solid understanding of Public Sector sales (Education, Federal Government, State and Local Government, Non-profits, Energy, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Finance) and market dynamics. You will have a keen eye for detail, and the ability to synthesize vast information while making it usable amongst a diverse customer facing audience of new and tenured team members in sales and technology.
You will deliver training in a compelling manner, which helps create enthusiasm for Amazon Web Services and confidence in engaging Public Sector customers. You'll apply your background in technology/cloud sales to develop others.
You will build, facilitate, and train other trainers on content related to AWS solutions, tools, processes, selling skills, executive presence, and other enablement programs that equip AWS Public Sector teams to serve our customers and grow the business.
This role encompasses both designing project plans that will accelerate each initiative, while also effectively implementing each program individually and/or in concert with cross-functional team members. You will also work closely with many stakeholders such as geo managers, business operations, vertical managers, project managers, and your colleagues in Public Sector enablement to discover and meet the training needs of the organization.
You will manage and own enablement programs end-to-end. Deliver Instructor Led and Virtual Instructor Led training to field sales. Travel will be needed up to 50%, following travel (international/ domestic) restrictions being lifted.
• Create, execute, and continuously iterate role-based/ vertical sales learning sessions for new and existing account teams, supporting specific training needs; add this content to existing programs or deliver as net-new training/ programs. Where appropriate, conduct Train the Trainer sessions to scale relevant material to other geos/verticals.
• Manage the design, build and implementation of training/enablement programs working with category, service teams and the WWPS sales/ vertical/ geo teams to define and drive Mission & Workload based training and enablement programs.
• For each initiative, develop a project plan and communicate strategy to leaderships and stakeholders; fully own end-to-end progress against targeted objectives.
• Assist in the development and scaling of vertical enablement activities throughout the year, working closely with colleagues to identify gaps within the teams' needs, and design and implement projects to meet business requirements.
• Develop cross-functional enablement resources and content Public Sector teams while leveraging existing resources for implementation and rollout of programs.
• Translate business needs into clear project requirements that inform scalable and repeatable initiatives.
• Plan and facilitate OR scale existing onboarding content, ongoing training, tools training, account planning and other improvement opportunities.
• Design and implement metrics to measure impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility of programs. Measure and report on the effectiveness of enablement investments through dashboards and recurring reporting mechanisms.
• Collaborate with public sector training team to build, launch, and scale global enablement content.
• Keep informed of new training methods and techniques.
• Support ad hoc special projects as needed
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
***Position can be located in other US based AWS regional locations
• A combination of training, project management, sales enablement, direct sales, sales operations experience with increasing influence and responsibility. Must have experience in implementing sales methodologies.
• Demonstrated project management experience, including projects with multiple inputs and multiple stakeholders and consistent delivery on commitments.
• Candidates should have 8+ years of relevant sales training, coaching and enablement experience; or prior experience in relevant sales, business consulting, and training experience. Strong presentation, writing, and communication skills are required.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Strategic thinker that can distill broad visions and business needs into structured training programs with measureable metrics.
• Must be comfortable understanding global business needs and positioning solutions with sales and business stakeholders across multiple functional domains (e.g., sales, technical, operations, marketing, etc).
• Success in training development and facilitation with field sales organizations.
• Ability to assimilate to the team culture, and self-manage in a fast paced, ambiguous, and dynamic environment.
• Able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, possess a high level of self-motivation, and have an excellent work ethic.
• Entrepreneurial skills with experience implementing new projects and concepts within organizations, working closely with senior level cross-functional stakeholders.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to maintain high levels of accuracy in work products.
• Experience using sales or customer relationship management (CRM) tools such as Salesforce.com and various content/knowledge management systems.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products (Excel, Outlook)
• Strong understanding of the Public Sector and Regulated Industries space
• Ability to be flexible and a good understanding of how to get things done in an unstructured environment
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Cloud Computing concepts
• Knowledge of adult learning principles
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top