WWPS Project Manager - Cloud Innovation Center (CIC) Busan, Korea
- London, United Kingdom
If you are passionate about improving the digital experiences for students and citizens by enabling digital transformation in the government, non-profit and education sectors through innovative application of cloud technologies, then please read on. Our public sector customers are transforming the way government services are developed and delivered via the AWS cloud. The Cloud Innovation Center (CIC pronounced "kick") team is looking for technology savvy leaders with backgrounds and experiences in business operations, project management, and communications outreach to public sector customers, including non-profit and educational organizations.
The core mission of the CIC is to improve digital experiences for students and citizens globally by providing an independent platform where government, education, and non-profits can accelerate their own implementation of replicable public sector cloud successes. The CIC does this by addressing specific digital transformation Innovation Challenges that are of critical importance to the public sector. The CIC is a vehicle to enable public sector customers to experience the Amazon innovation process and adapt it as needed to their unique situation.
An Innovation Challenge is any problem or opportunity that end customers deem significant in their community/domain and that relies at least partially on information technologies. Tangible problems such as optimizing utilization of police body camera data, tracking water quality, or sharing city transportation data are examples of potential challenges. The Innovation Challenge can be thought of as a rapid product development lifecycle opportunity that identifies technology alternatives and may result in a prototype. Each Innovation Challenge is in itself a time-bound project that must be planned, marketed, and managed to completion.
The CIC Project Manager plays a critical role in managing the operations of the CIC by building channels to communicate the CIC potential, tracking the business case for each individual Innovation Challenge, monitoring Innovation Challenge status (multiple concurrent challenges) and reporting metrics on the re-use of Innovation Challenge output. The CIC Project Manager works as a member of a three-person team. The other two members are a Digital Innovation Lead, leading the Amazon innovation process, and the CIC Solutions Architect.
As CIC Project Manager you will work with representatives of customers and partners involved in challenges as well as with other people within Amazon Web Services to ensure challenges are properly communicated, resourced, facilities are appropriately utilized, and short and long term schedules and goals are achieved. Experience with communications and marketing is highly desired as the collaboration required will be extensive and diverse. An ability to adapt quickly to varied customers and work cooperatively with varied subject matter experts is essential.
In addition, the CIC Project Manager captures lessons learned and informs the larger AWS organization on best practices in organizing future challenges. He or she will have the opportunity to interface with other CICs in other geographies and include international AWS account teams, customers, and partners. This naturally will require a 'think global, act local' perspective in the approach taken to defining, contextualizing, prioritizing, and delivering results.
Position is located in Busan, South Korea. Ability to travel locally (within the City of Busan) as need. Travel requirement out of Country will be infrequent although required for global program development, international events, and internal business meetings.
• Communications planning: Build and manage outreach and communications efforts that will be broad-based and accomplished in collaboration with institutional partners.
• Community: Assess the potential to engage the specific challenge community and design communications and outreach programming. Lead business planning to energize and engage the community.
• Project & Resource Management: help to maximize the impact of challenges and customer engagements. Work closely with Digital Innovation Lead and Solutions Architect to assess needs across all engagements, based on each challenge's requirements. Maintain skills matrix and related reporting for other parts of the AWS organization.
• Business planning: Implement quarterly and annual cadence and working meetings to drive business planning. Coordinate the preparation, agenda, and follow up actions to complete forward looking business plans.
• Monthly Metrics: Establish baseline metrics/reports to support the development of new Innovation Challenges or other CIC associated business opportunities. Create assets, on both what worked well and what failed, to be shared out with existing challenge community and also other CICs globally. Ensure complete and accurate challenge/project reporting.
• Identify: Work with the Digital Innovation Lead to coordinate strategic partner institutional assets and AWS internal assets to align them to specific challenges that will have maximum impact.
• 2+ years of professional experience required, a significant portion of which should demonstrate success in project management, business operations, and communications.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Minimum 2 years of technology, digital media, and/or product management.
• Experience working in a horizontal or matrixed business. Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Experience driving projects to completion working with aggressive timelines.
• A personal passion to make things better through the resourceful and effective application of IT.
• A commitment to work with public sector mission owners to expose effective solutions that improve the delivery of government services to citizens.
• Development of brand and communication strategies.
• Background in project management, definition and performance management.
• Demonstrated experience proactively recognizing a challenge or problem and working with a variety of teams and data sources to diagnose the problem and recommend solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to develop business reports that help an organizations operate smoothly, with views that will meet the needs of other business partners (Finance, Sales Operations, etc.).
• Capacity planning and budgetary experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top