WWPS Business Intelligence Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions. For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to assist with the generation, standardization, and automation of sales and operations metrics and reports. Must have advanced SQL skills.
This position will be based in Arlington, VA (Ballston) but may require travel to the Herndon, VA office.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Understand existing databases and warehouse structures in order best determine how to consolidate and aggregate data in an efficient and scalable way. Design and code all aspects of data solutions using Amazon Redshift (SQL Server) to build out an Operations data warehouse
- Create and propose technical design documentation, which includes current and future ETL functionality, database objects affected, specifications, and flows and diagrams to detail the proposed implementation
- Monitor the backlog and ad hoc request queue along with peers to fulfill data & reporting needs for internal and external reporting in a timely manner. Become a subject matter expert in report generating best practices and be able to produce ad-hoc analyses quickly
- Identify information gaps within the organization by discussing data needs with operations and sales teams
- Analyze large data sets to identify trends, operational opportunities, client realization, and industry impact. This would also include creating forecasting models.
- Creating standardized reports around pipeline and lead generation management, revenue and quota attainment, top trending customers and sales teams, etc. Develop visualization and analytical dashboards leveraging Tableau and other such business intelligence tools to provide operational insight
- Must possess initiative and strong teamwork including teaching and training others; possess good communication and interpersonal skills; have a good sense of humor, work hard, and have fun
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, and often ambiguous environment
- Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including experience to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree.
- 3-5 years of work experience writing and debugging advanced SQL queries (ETL, data modeling, data mining, database design, business intelligence architectures, etc) with large-scale, complex data sets in a business setting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a business analyst, gathering data requirements, developing metrics and reports, using data insights to support business cases, planning, and decisions.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience using data visualization/BI software for reporting, preferably Tableau
- 1-3 years of experience with database security configurations, administration, and access management for a large organization (500+ employees)
- 1-3 years of experience performing advanced predictive analytics including regression analyses, statistics-based forecasting, and econometric modeling.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in BI design and development, dashboarding best practices, data modeling, architecture, and process mapping. 3-5 years of experience using Tableau (dashboard design, server administration, etc) a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top