WW Specialized Solutions Architect Leader, VMware Cloud on AWS
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
AWS and VMware have been collaborating since 2017 when the companies developed a strong engineering effort to optimize VMware on AWS for customers seeking to migrate applications out of the Data Center into the Cloud at scale. Together, we have certified AWS to support the VMware Cloud solution, brought purpose built EC2 instances to market to support VMware customer needs, and helped VMware leverage AWS services to power a number of their SaaS offerings. AWS has been supporting VMware vSphere workloads for customers longer than any other cloud provider and has enabled more customers than any other company.
The VMware Cloud on AWS team engages customers through 3 routes to market (RTM): the AWS field, consulting partners, and VMware. We are seeking an accomplished leader to build out a high performing technical team globally. The leader will own the technical team WW and be responsible for building the technical capability and capacity across the globe in support of the overall business. The successful candidate will be an experienced technical leader who is comfortable building deep relationships with F1000 and/or G2000 organizations. This leader will have a broad role - part strategist, part technologist, part evangelist and will build a technical strategy focused on winning new customer segments and growing existing customer segments for the long term. As a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way, you should also have experience in market development of cloud infrastructure and/or enterprise applications. The right candidate must possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives. The role will require working with the full ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers for new use cases, help drive top-line revenue for new services, and develop strategic partnerships which extend capacity in the field. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the technical go-to-market definition and execution of AWS's strategy for VMware Cloud on AWS Globally.
Your responsibilities will include driving strategic VMware Cloud workloads to deepen business and technical relationships with customers and partners. You will build high-performing teams of solution architects. You will also develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments and enable the field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will focus on scaling VMware Cloud on AWS, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to the broader technical field organization, and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges. As the voice of the customer, your findings will influence product teams to help them evolve the products and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field. To be successful, you will need to analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market trends and customer feedback, and operating metrics.
You will be responsible for establishing clear goals for your team including POCs, speaking engagements, collateral, and more. You must ensure that your team is continuously learning and differentiating AWS with and for customers. You will be expected to plan and allocate for the best use of team resources in order to meet your team goals.
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years of experience in technical customer facing roles in infrastructure or cloud technology
• 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, and app development
• 5+ years leadership experience in a customer-facing role in the technology industry
• Hands-on experience with VMware Cloud, with technical depth including architecture, applications, and implementations
• MBA/Technical Master's Degree
• Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers
are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
• Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
• Experience leading a direct or indirect account team with proven results
• Experience as a leader of leaders
• Ability to motivate, encourage and coach others to develop strong relationship building and sales skills
• Building and managing a healthy sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration
• Experience working with new product/service development teams and their outbound functions
• Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO), building close relationships, and closing large revenue accounts
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
• Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
• Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top