WW SMB GTM Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
WW SMB GTM Specialist
Would you like to help Small and Medium Business (SMB) companies accelerate and maximize their success using the cloud? Do you have a track record of successfully defining market segmentation and go-to-market strategies for SMB customers? Can you effectively engage, influence and collaborate with distributed, cross-functional teams to develop and execute segment go-to-market strategies globally?
In this worldwide role, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape the global strategy to help SMBs adopt and transform using cloud solutions by defining, developing, and leading delivery of go-to-market initiatives and sales plays for the SMB sector. Your responsibilities will include segment strategy, planning, business development, and go-to-market for the SMB segment. This includes developing/maturing cross-functional go-to-market execution mechanisms. You will collaborate with global, cross-functional teams including AWS sales, business development, marketing, and technical field professionals to determine how to best accelerate growth and success in the SMB market and monitor progress against the business plan. You will use data and market signals to drive the segmentation strategy and coverage models to most effectively serve AWS SMB customers. You will coordinate with sales leaders and sales operations to help define and drive field education and enablement programs to ensure AWS sales teams and channel partners can effectively engage SMB decision makers and execute strategies that accelerate customer success.
The right candidate will have experience interacting at the highest levels of companies and demonstrated experience in developing go-to-market programs. They will have a proven record of leading and driving multiple programs to meet business objectives, excellent program and project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, and a passion for helping companies get started using cloud to achieve business goals. They will have knowledge of product messaging, positioning, and strong experience in solution marketing and field enablement.
Role & Responsibilities
• Develop and mature mechanisms to deeply understand needs, gaps, and opportunities with AWS' SMB customers.
• Lead annual segmentation and go-to-market planning for the SMB customer segment.
• Develop and mature global, cross-functional engagement mechanisms for planning and execution.
• Determine optimal coverage models for the SMB customer segments.
• Develop and mature measurement and monitoring mechanisms for the business plan, including metrics capture, reporting, and analytics for identifying signals, opportunities, and challenges.
• Develop data driven narrative proposals for new segment initiatives, or evolving/retiring existing initiatives/programs.
• Incubate new strategic initiatives.
• Coordinate with sales leaders and sales operations to develop field education and readiness programs to enable both AWS sales and channel partners help SMB customers to maximize their business success using cloud technologies.
• 7+ years of experience in business development, sales, marketing, advisory, and/or strategy roles.
• 3+ years of experience in the SMB (Small and Medium Business) industry
• Technology depth and breadth in cloud technology.
• Highly credible with marketing leaders, sales leaders, senior technologists, product leaders, and executive audiences.
• Exceptional business acumen and high judgment be able to use technology/cloud depth and breadth, signals, and data to understand customer pain points and challenges, and inform and shape business growth initiatives.
• Passion for SMB customers deep curiosity to understand how SMBs are adopting cloud and how to accelerate their cloud journey.
• Very comfortable with developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders.
• 'Invent and simply' mindset. Data driven but comfortable with ambiguity. Exceptional problem-solver. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
• Strong bias for 'working backwards' from customers. Favors iterative hypothesis/test/analyze/ improve approaches. Pragmatic and 'is right a lot'.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.MBA/Masters degree
• 10+ years of relevant work experience.
• Balanced experience across business development, strategy/planning, and execution in a multi-billion technology business.
• Experience delivering GTM strategies/initiatives within a managed service provider (MSP) or Systems Integrator (SI) company that serves SMBs.
• Experience in global or worldwide roles.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Austin, TX.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top