WW SA Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
In a fast-paced, high-growth environment, making data driven decisions is critical. The Amazon Web Services WW Solutions Architecture (SA) organization is looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to help us build metrics to provide insight into our business and enable better decision making.
The role is critical and highly visible across the organization and plays a key role in developing analytic insights that are foundational for our strategy. The insights are used to lead decision making around resource allocation, program effectiveness, productivity analysis and business impact. Consumers of these insights will include individual SAs, SA and Sales management, and AWS senior and executive leadership.
The successful candidate is analytical and possesses a strong passion for developing insights. In addition, you must be able to articulate how the data should be used in decision making. This requires excellent business acumen and communication skills in order to work with business leaders to develop and define key business questions. Lastly, the successful candidate must have a technical proficiency in ETL, SQL, Excel and Tableau/QuickSight or other data visualization tool(s) to be self-sufficient in data retrieval, cleansing and visualization. You should be driven by a deep curiosity of data, willing to dive deep to understand and be passionate in socializing business impacts driven by data.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in a business intelligence or business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
• Experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, QuickSight, and PowerBI
• Advanced SQL skills and experience in joining/cleansing datasets from multiple sources and implementing ETL jobs
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
• Experience leading and coordinating broad business reviews
• Demonstrated written communication skills
• MBA, Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Familiarity with SFDC data reporting
• Experience using the AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis, Athena, Glue)
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, R or Perl
• Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
Back to top