WW Leader of Migration and Modernization, Field Activation, and Operations
- Seattle, WA
Global Leader for Migration and Modernization Field Activation and Operations
Would you like to develop and manage the global GTM capability to help customers achieve business results by migrating to AWS? Would you like to develop global teams and manage the programmatic approach and mechanisms to help thousands of companies retire their technical debt? Would you like to work closely with and lead v-teams that include sales/account leaders, Professional Services teams, Partners, Training, and regional Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Legal, and Services teams?
As global leader for GTM Sales Operations capabilities for Migration and Modernization, you will have an exciting opportunity to drive the success of this critical driver of business benefits for our customers and to help further accelerate AWS growth. You will apply the lessons learned from thousands of enterprises migrating to AWS at scale, and build on the programmatic approach developed to help them define and achieve business outcomes while enhancing their ability to innovate through large scale migrations and modernization projects. You will work backwards from the needs of the customers and the field teams to develop market leading mechanisms to elevate our ability worldwide to help customers across the globe. You will lead a global v-team across key functions in each market and provide them with the tools, approaches and knowledge to be successful. You will be tracking the success of the program and continuously evolve it. You must be comfortable leading v-teams across functions globally that includes business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, training, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams.
The right candidate will have experience with sales operations in large technology companies with proven results driving outcomes and improvements across large field organizations. This includes strong data and metrics capabilities, structuring and delivering on projects to drive sales effectiveness, programmatic approach to build and scale results, excellent program and project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
• Develop the global approach to programmatically deliver successful migration proposals to customers through leveraging AWS field teams, technology and consulting partner channels, and self-service.
• Own end to end customer engagement approach with elements that may include consultative workshops, reference materials, partner engagements, customer proposal and offer development, internal and external collateral, POCs, and success measures, etc.
• Lead combination of direct and cross-functional virtual GTM teams to win large scale commitments across many customers, helping them retire legacy debt and modernize their IT estate.
• Build community of high performing teams to accelerate the business globally.
• Build dashboards and reporting mechanisms to track progress and identify improvement opportunities. Periodically present progress to executive leadership.
• Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS thought leadership in the IT transformation domain.
• Owns reporting to senior leadership
• 5+ years of experience in sales operations leadership role.
• 7+ years of work experience in technology enabled consultative, delivery, solutions, or business development roles focused on enterprises.
• 3+ years of experience in cloud technologies deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
• 3+ years of experience developing, implementing, managing and executing field programs.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired
• 7+ years of experience in sales operations leadership role.
• 10+ years of experience in technology transformation, with more recent experiences in cloud-led technology change program(s) in leadership capacity.
• Experience leading large application estate migration to AWS.
• Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiations skills.
• Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
• Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of cross-functional projects within the program - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
• Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, software defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
• Experience in database systems such as core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, software defined networking, or network functions virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top