WW Lead, Business Architecture, Digital Innovation
Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping our customers innovate like Amazon – and use the AWS platform to do it? As Worldwide Lead, Business Architecture for the Digital Innovation program, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver on a global strategy to help enterprise customers deliver their most innovative solutions using the AWS Platform.
You will be architecturally-minded with a passion for mapping customer business needs to AWS and partner technologies. Your primary responsibility will be to work with Digital Innovation BDMs and industry teams to identify patterns across multiple customer engagements. You will work with digital innovation rapid prototyping teams, industry solution managers, account-based Solution Architects, solution builders, and technical/ solution BD teams to identify, define and build repeatable architectures that support business outcomes from digital innovation across AWS' largest customers.
You will work closely with the global enterprise and industry teams, and regionally-based Digital Innovation Business Development teams. You must be comfortable working in a dynamic and cross-functional environment. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes marketing, partners, solutions architecture, professional services, compliance, product, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams.
The right candidate will have a background in digital innovation or transformation, demonstrated experience in business architecture and developing go-to-market programs, enterprise and/or industry sales or business development experience in growth-oriented roles, and a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex programs to meet business objectives (including excellent program and project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, and a strong data and metrics bias).
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead development of repeatable business architectures that support digital innovation across enterprise customers in multiple industries. Will require identifying patterns in multiple customer engagements and from other sources including industry strategies and AWS technical developments. Will result in the production, dissemination and support of multiple business architectures.
- Produce architecture blueprints, identifying key business outcomes, detailing supporting solutions, and identifying key partners
- Define and drive associated go to market – work with marketing, the partner organization, and business development teams to define target customers, identify success measures, engage critical partners, produce internal & external collateral, drive demand, and run internal training and enablement
- Manage the business architecture program: collaborate with business development and rapid prototyping teams globally to build dashboards and reporting mechanisms, assess performance, pivot and evolve programs based on observed data to improve programs efficacy and performance
- Lead customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS thought leadership in the digital innovation domain
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in the enterprise sector in technology-enabled consultative, business development, solutions, and/or transformation roles
- 7-10 years' experience with and demonstrated leadership in the realm of enterprise customer digital innovation or digital transformation
- 7-10 years' experience with business architecture – systematically mapping customers' business needs back to specific technical solutions
- Deep and broad technical understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms
- 7-10 years' experience developing, implementing, managing and executing cross-functional growth go-to-market programs and sales motions
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the enterprise and industry markets. Breadth and depth in multiple industry markets and industry ecosystems
- Good working knowledge of the AWS services and their relevance to the enterprise and industry workloads
- Passion for enterprise market – deep understanding of how enterprise operate and the unique characteristics of large and global enterprises
- Additional specialized technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, software defined networking, network functions virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
- Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of cross-functional programs and projects - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- Education - technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired
- MBA or equivalent
- Deep enterprise technology and solutions experience, including infrastructure domains such as computing, storage, databases, and applications domains such as corporate enterprise applications, and business applications
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top